CANADIAN IMMIGRATION LAWYERS
Miller Thomson’s Immigration Group provides advice and assistance across all our offices to individual and business clients on all forms of temporary entry into and permanent residence in Canada and the United States.
Our clients range from corporations seeking to do business in international markets or transferring personnel, to individuals seeking to invest in Canada or remain or reunite with family members. They include:
- Companies in all industry sectors, including, but not limited to: oil and gas, manufacturing, financial services, mining, transportation, entertainment, hospitality, tourism and trades
- Post-secondary institutions
- Professional leaders in business, the sciences and the arts
- Investors and entrepreneurs
- Individuals and family members
As members of legal bars in both Canada and the U.S., our Group possesses in-depth and comprehensive expertise in nearly every aspect of Canadian and U.S. Immigration law.
With more than 50 years of combined experience, and fluent in a wide range of languages (including, but not limited to English, French, Portuguese, Hindi, Punjabi, Russian, Farsi, Tagalog, Italian, Cantonese and Mandarin) our professionals have facilitated applications to Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Canada Border Services Agency, Service Canada, US Citizenship and Immigration Service, US Customs and Border Protection and the US Department of Labor.
Members of our Immigration Group work closely with other MT lawyers in the Business, Employment, Tax and Real Estate Groups to provide comprehensive legal advice to companies and individuals as they navigate the regulatory requirements necessary for temporary or permanent establishment in Canada.
CANADIAN IMMIGRATION SERVICES
- Tourist and business visitor visas (Temporary Resident Permits)
- Work permits (including Labour Market Opinions)
- Intra-company transfers
- Study permits
- Permanent residency applications, including investors, entrepreneurs, Federal Skilled Worker, Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP) and Canadian Experience Class
- Family sponsorship applications
- Live-in caregiver applications
- Citizenship and Citizenship Appeals
- Inadmissibility issues (Criminal Rehabilitation and Temporary Resident Permits)
- Applications based upon Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds
- IAD appeals
- Federal Court Judicial Review Applications
- Assisted with the staffing of television, film and animation productions with acting and crew talent
- Advised large mining company on staffing of large-scale project while coordinating personnel from several international locations
- Assisted large multi-national company (oil and gas) with staffing its new multi-million dollar facility in Louisiana with personnel from the company’s other locations around the world
- Helped many small, mid- and large-sized companies with expansion strategies into Canada and U.S.
- Set aside a visa officer’s refusal to grant admission to Canada on the basis of asserted criminal inadmissibility