Announcing – Immigrate to Canada: A Practical Guide (Newcomers Series), February 7, 2015.
Posted on - Apr 29, 2015
Related Topics: Immigrate to Canada Guide
- Getting to ‘Yes’ - a guide to reapplying for visas September 25, 2018 As a Vancouver immigration lawyer, I often meet with clients asking for advice on how to overcome a refused application or even two or more refusals. You might be wondering why somebody would wait to ask for advice after receiving a refusal or why they would make unsuccessful application after…
- When should I study in Canada? - Considerations for… September 10, 2018 As September marks the start of another school year, it also marks the arrival of many of Canada’s international students. Often for international students, coming to study in Canada is not just to obtain an education but is the start of a path to permanent residence.
- Cannabis is now legal in Canada - What do immigrants… October 16, 2018 As of October 17, 2018, cannabis will now be legal for recreational use in Canada. The new laws permit individuals to possess, use and grow cannabis - also commonly referred to as marijuana or pot. While “recreational use” of “pot” will now be permitted in Canada, there are still many…
- Canada Introduces Fast Track Processing for… May 14, 2019 As more international students strive to obtain their Canadian permanent residence status by coming to study in Canada, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented the Student Direct Stream (SDS) offering speedier processing times for study permit applications for applicants from India, China, Vietnam and the Philippines.
- Students beware: studying is your “job” while in Canada May 29, 2019 The number of international students that have come to Canada to complete post-secondary education has increased significantly in recent years. Unfortunately, while many international students are successfully obtaining student visas to Canada, many of them are not successfully achieving their long-term goals of becoming Canadian permanent residents.
- Working your way into Canada: top five questions October 3, 2019 As an immigration lawyer I am frequently asked about what the best strategy is to obtain Canadian permanent residence. It is no secret that each year Canada welcomes more “economic” immigrants, who qualify for permanent residence based on their work experience and skills, compared to any other category of immigration.