A Career in Immigration Law
Catherine opened her own firm in 1990 and operated as a sole practitioner until joining Miller Thomson as a partner in 2010 where she practiced for 5 years. In May 2015, Catherine returned to sole practice in partnership with Victor Ing on Nov 1, 2015, forming the to Sas & Ing Immigration Law Centre (established November 2015).
As an immigration lawyer, Catherine provides a full range of immigration services and is consistently recognized as a leading immigration practitioner by Lexpert, Who’s Who Legal and Best Lawyers in Canada. Catherine was voted Vancouver’s Best Immigration Lawyer for the 9th consecutive year in 2017.
Catherine is a member of the American Bar Association, Past President of the BC India Business Network (BCIBN), and past Co-Sr. Vice Chair of the Immigration and Nationality Committee for the IBA. She is also registered as a Foreign Legal Consultant with the State Bar of California enabling her to better serve her American clientele in the film and television and high tech industries.
Catherine has been part of Team Canada and Team British Columbia trade missions to countries such as Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, China, Hong Kong, and the United States, and has participated in continuing legal education seminars, appeared in parliamentary committees on immigration issues and spoken at international conferences and symposiums.
Born in Edmonton, AB, Catherine lived in Spirit River, Alberta until moving to Abbotsford, BC when she was six. While pursuing her education, Catherine has lived in Victoria, Montreal, Cultus Lake, BC and Vancouver. In 1989 Catherine spent a year teaching English in Nagoya, Japan. She now practices law in Vancouver, but resides in Parksville, BC on Vancouver Island with her husband Paul and sons Louis and William.
- Co-Chair of the Immigration and Nationality Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA), 2019
- President (past and present) of BC India Business Network (BCIBN)
- Voted Best Immigration Lawyer in Vancouver for 9 years straight (Georgia Straight Best of Vancouver), 2012 – 2020
- Recognized leading immigration practitioner by LEXPERT and Best Lawyers in Canada, 2005 – 2018
- Bencher of the Law Society of BC 2010-2013
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2006
- Registered Foreign Legal Consultant with State Bar of California (2004)
Best Immigration Lawyer of Vancouver 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012
Catherine Sas, Q.C. has been voted Best Immigration lawyer in Vancouver for 9 years straight.
2006 – 2020 Best Immigration Lawyer
Catherine Sas, Q.C. has been listed in Best Lawyers in Canada for 14 consecutive years, 2006 – 2020.
Lexpert Leading Immigration Practitioner
Catherine Sas, Q.C. has been recognized as a leading immigration practitioner by Lexpert.
- Catherine is the Past President of the BC India Business Network (BCIBN) .